Sustainable Providers Australia – Story #5 – YesUCan
by Ewa Bekiesch – Permaculture Designer and Sustainable Living Consultant
This story has also been featured in the Fraser Coast QLD magazine “The Beacon” Issue #17
“In this series, I am interviewing sustainable businesses in our region and hope to encourage the Fraser Coast residents to support our local sustainable providers. Interested in participating? Info and how to contact me at www.earthbooth.com.au”- Ewa Bekiesch
A sustainable business considers its impact on the environment, society and ecological health.Today, we are introducing ‘YesUCan’
1. Basic outline of your business that includes the Who, What, Where and since When of your business story. My name’s Teresa Wagstaff and I’m the Owner and Director of YesUCan. I broke my neck many years ago and due to many operations and complications over years I ended up stuck in a bed in a very sad and bad way for many years. I spent heaps of time alone, lonely, in pain and depressed and was placed on a truckload of prescription medications. The pain and depression was debilitating and as a last resort I very shamefully overdosed, finally ending up on life support in a coma in hospital for days. Coming out of the coma common sense triggered in my brain and I realised I had to change if my life was to ever improve. Changing my mindset (which wasn’t easy) I rebelled from the life I had been living. It took lots of time and a great deal of effort but since I’ve been blessed a million times over and now my goal is to help others realise they have the ability change their world and the world they live in too. It took at least eighteen months on my own just to get off the huge amount of prescription drugs. Starting slowly, when I began, I just moved my legs in bed to exercise. With much hard work and exceptional effort I was able to eventually walk again.
During my long and alone times I put myself to work with study:
- I studied Nutrition and the Body,
- Health and Wellness Products and what they did for You,
- Recipes for Healthy Eating,
- and Network Marketing.
My mind also was planning a business to help others who had chronic pain, prescription medication problems, depression, bad self image or who wanted to improve their lives naturally because of the impact chemicals were having on their health and the environment. Hey, now a few years later I’m walking and the most happy I have ever been. I now want to share my whole story with the world through the network marketing industry. This would be sharing my new found happiness, love, knowledge and freedom. Before my illness, I was a legal secretary who went on to become an executive secretary in the executive world. My business, YesUCan is skyrocketing with a reach of 48k people in January 2021. I’m proudly now helping many people learn how to improve their lives naturally and empowering as many women as I can to reach better heights while looking out for the environment around them too.
2. Tell us what you stand for as a business and why are you considering yourself being a sustainable business provider? YesUCan is now the umbrella to four companies who decided to come aboard in order to help people get back to full and complete wellness in mind, body and soul while looking after our world at the same time. YesUCan stands so you can enjoy all natural products that together, as a whole, will help transport you to new found health, wellness and vitality. With YesUCan you’ll get the leverage that our products allow, they’ll always be prizes, free products, advice and fun as we get together to be part of our ever growing community. With YesUCan you are not only helping yourself by ditching chemicals but you’re sustaining the environment for your children and grandchildren.
3. What was the initial idea to create your business? Tell a quick relateable story about why you started your business. The initial idea to create YesUCan came when I found the only way to get well myself was to ditch the chemicals in and around me including in my food (I went plant-based). Over the years I saw how well it worked not only for me but for the environment too so I had to share this new found knowledge with the world hence YesUCan was born.
4. What you specialise in and the work you love doing. YesUCan specialises in Natural Health, Wellness and Beauty. I have talked with many professionals and entrepreneurs around the world, many of whom got very interested in my work, I am now working hand in hand with them to help you get healthy, fit and more beautiful. I am a people person and I love talking with people to hear their stories (everyone has one) and help them think not only of themselves but preserving the world around us so our children and grandchildren have a future.
5. What challenges are you facing while running your business? The main challenges I face as a business is earning people’s trust but I certainly think I’m getting there and of course like most businesses keeping up with the paperwork.
6. How do the customers benefit from using your services/products? My customers benefit from using my products by seeing and feeling the difference using natural products make too their skin and bodies and how good it makes them feel about themselves inside and out.
7. What is the future of your business? What do you hope to achieve within your business? Give us a glimpse into your future goals. I believe YesUCan is growing so fast that I see myself having to employ staff within a year. I also see YesUCan reaping in enough wealth that I’ll be able to give back to the community around me thus helping even more people.
8. Any additional notes you would like me to include in the story are most welcome. I welcome anyone who would like to join any division of YesUCan as a Team Member. As a Team Member you will get the full training and ongoing support from us so you can earn extra wiggle room in your budget.
9. Contact details. website, social media, address, opening hours. Phone +61 421364111 Website http://yesucan.live